Saturday, September 11, 2010

Intertech Rocks!

So my employer (who is great but shall remain anonymous) sent me for Spring 2.5/3.0 training recently. Company has relation with a local in town (read suburbian) company that provides Spring training. BTW, I am talking about Spring framework of course. I have worked with Spring for a number of years, but the saying goes, "If you taught yourself something you only learned half of it" (I paraphrased this from our VP's recent speech).

Intertech is a small compnay with an interesting history (their website does a great job of going into that). I have been to many training sessions/classes through out my 5 yr career and something stood out about this company! Their training materials were fantastically arranged. Everything had a touch of care to it. From the way the secretary's greetings to the way the binders were arranged immediately impressed me. To put icing on the top of my first impression, they served fabulous coffee (caribou I believe) and had great assortment of breakfast pasty. It seemed, that the company employees are allowed to dig into those as well but I digress!

The trainer was a 20+ yr veteran of the tech industry and was one of the partner/director of the company. He was very knowledgeable yet down to earth guy. Training had a good pace and gave us ample opportunity to put the training into practice with the exercises they had after each chapter.

The equipments (pains me to utter this word, I am a huge computer geek) at the training facility were great and had a nice image based system management which wiped the pcs clean after each training session. All the files and folders were in sync with the presentation material unlike many other places I had been before for training.

I was there for two days and all in all it was a great experience. I highly recommend Intertech if you are looking to get training in the twin cities area (or if you are one of the few fortunate to travel out of town for training). Its a great company with a great environment and I can see them going far.

PS: I am claiming their $10 caribou card for putting their logo in my blog, but no they did not pay me to write this review!

No comments:

Post a Comment